Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Muddy Situation

Yesterday while the boys took their afternoon nap Zoe Scout played in the backyard. Since my bedroom is in the back of the house I settled into my scrapbooking table and kept an eye on her through the window. After a little while she started knocking at the back door which is unusual because she normally just comes and goes as she pleases.

As I approached the back door I noticed that there were rather large muddy circles on the window and winced at the thought of the mess that was probably on the other side. Sure enough I opened up the door and there stood Scout smiling and excited about the huge mud hole she had created in the yard. She had even emptied the dog's water and food bowls and filled them with mud.



I told her to stand still and went to start the shower in my bathroom. I very gingerly carried her through the house to my bathroom and set her in the running shower. As the water hit her mud immediately went splashing all over the shower and I quickly closed the curtian, very thankful that she is able to get herself clean and I didn't have to get a mud bath. I think you can still see mud remnants in the corner of the shower in this pic.


I love that she has such an imagination and enjoys all of those good, dirty, fun, kid things even if it means a little mud here and there.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! She's a lucky girl to have you for a mom... if it'd been one of my girls, I would have just stripped them down outside and turned the hose on them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete